ABOUT Beverley Palmer
Beverley is a British Osteopath who graduated from one of the oldest and most renowned Osteopathy Colleges in the UK, the British College of Osteopathic Medicine in London. Beverley moved to Dubai in 1990 and with over 32 years of Clinical experience, she has been providing many of Dubai’s population with dedicated high quality professional care achieving the best possible outcomes.
As the first female Osteopath to practise in Dubai, Beverley worked at the General Medical Centre, Infinity Clinic and Keith Nicholl Medical Centre before joining Koster Clinic in November 2022. Beverley is registered with the General Osteopathic Council in the UK and is also a member of the Institute of Osteopathy, Academy of Physical Medicine, Emirates Medical Association and the Emirates Osteopathic Association.
Beverley’s qualification gives her an extensive understanding of anatomy, physiology, clinical medicine and neuromuscular skeletal impairment. Using her extensive knowledge and skill base, Beverley treats a wide range of musculoskeletal conditions, establishing the underlying cause of the pain and designing treatment programs specifically to each patient. With her patient-centred treatment approach designed to bring about an early resolution of symptoms, Beverley works in partnership with patients enabling them to understand and accomplish their goals. She is a caring professional who is passionate about bring bringing the benefit of Osteopathy to people and their families.
Beverley enjoys treating patients of all ages from babies to the elderly and from desk workers to sports enthusiasts. Her treatment includes structural techniques such as soft tissue massage, muscle stretches, joint & spine mobilisation and release as well as gentler Cranial-Sacral therapy which enables her to treat children and babies.
Beverley successfully treats all types of back, neck, joint, ligament and muscle pain. She also has a keen interest in treating whiplash, headaches, tension and stress, sciatica, scoliosis, occupational related strain, acute and chronic musculoskeletal conditions as well as expectant mothers and general sports injuries. In addition she works closely with personal trainers and coaches to offer a greater understanding of the needs of sports men and women.
As a mother herself, Beverley has an additional interest in women’s health and paediatrics as she has experienced first hand that Osteopathy can make a significant difference in helping women before, during and after pregnancy. She also loves to see both mums and babies in the clinic after delivery and thinks that treatment is important for them both. Beverley continues to further her knowledge, in the field of women’s health and treating infants, children and teenagers for the various complaints that can occur at different stages of their development and growth.
Beverley is committed to maintaining the highest standards of Osteopathic care and follows a comprehensive professional development program in which she is constantly enhancing her knowledge and professional skills. Her excellent communication allows her to fully educate patients about their condition and its management.
Beverley’s focus is to get people out of pain and back to what they love doing quickly and safely while reducing the risk of future issues and enabling everyone to enjoy their lifestyle for years to come.
Outside of the Clinic, Beverley loves spending time with her children and meeting up with friends. She also enjoys travel and keeping fit & active.
• Providing Osteopathic care and advice for patients suffering from a variety of postural and ‘life-stressor’ musculoskeletal pain and dysfunction injuries.
• Performing clinical / diagnostic examinations to evaluate muscle, nerve, joint and functional abilities, as well as general patient health screening.
• Reducing pain and restoring function for patients injured during sporting activities.
• Extensive experience working with obstetric cases including clients with hyper-lordosis, sciatica, pelvic girdle pain and general aches and pains of pregnancy and post pregnancy.
• Planning and administering treatments and therapeutic exercise programs encompassing active and passive ranges of motion and muscle re-education.
• Osteopathic treatment modalities including soft tissue massage, myofascial release and trigger point therapy, spine /joint mobilisation and manipulation, muscle energy & harmonic techniques, muscle stretching and rebalancing therapy, functional and cranio-sacral techniques.
Beverley provides Osteopathic treatment for all ages including Adults, Children & Babies.
She specialises in the treatment of many conditions including: